Tuesday 3 November 2015

Holiday season

On Halloween I was standing in my room and watching kids dressed up going for trick and treat. It was all a playful act with n number of witches and ghouls, Spider-Men and pirates, bumblebees and lady birds flocked outside with their parents. The next morning, I saw the same kids comparing their candies and playing with each other. It was all a fun activity. The cool breeze was a respite after months of heat. The skies clouded, the air filled with playful screams. Families and friends gathered together, enjoying each other's company.
With the Halloween over, now it is officially time to enter into the Christmas spirit. The daylight saving time has ended, the weather has changed into a more pleasant one, even the Starbucks cups have changed their color. Yes, the holiday season is officially upon us. But in all this playful joyful season I miss my home. I miss the home that is no longer there. I miss my childhood days when we played with our cousins. I miss the time when I planted seasonal flowers in my garden. I miss the time spent with my mom and my grandparents. With deaths and people moving away, the home I miss is now nonexistent, what I long for, I cannot get to. It's time to move forward, but somewhere in my heart, I feel homesick for the home that isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment