Tuesday 31 March 2015

For my dear son

As the day when you were born got over, a strange sensation fills my heart. I do not know whether you celebrated your first birthday in heaven or you remain there as you remain here, forever eight days old. I do not know whether my tears have any impact on you or not. I do not know how you feel now and if you feel anything at all.
My son, today would have been your first birthday on earth. Today you would have been playing and talking alongwith your twin sister. Today my heart would have been full of cherished memories of your firsts. But today, I stand with a broken heart, a heart that doesn't know whether to smile or cry. A heart that looks at your sister and feels happy and then gives a sigh. Because this heart will know no peace till it joins you.
But all that I can say is that my son, my love will reach you wherever you are. And though I cannot hold you in my arms, you will forever be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment