Friday 4 May 2012

Monkey woes

It is the month of May and the heat as usual is great in the Indian subcontinent. For the rich as well as the poor, for human, animal and plant life, rains are always a welcome respite. And so man prayed. Man prayed and Gods answered. There was rain and dust storm last evening and so a relief from the scorching heat for sometime. Children went out to play in the pleasant evening. Even my heart sang with joy at the wonderful change. But a change in weather brings about a change in the surroundings. It is not just the human beings who enjoyed this pleasant change but also our other companions from the animal world. And I realised it this morning when I went out for my morning walk and found some new companions. Yes, my walk was joined by monkeys. and whatever I may claim myself to be, I do not claim myself to be brave enough to enjoy their companionship. And so when I noticed one monkey observing me attentively, I felt that the only sane thing would be to change my walk into something fast and ran back home to save my life...Afterall I have heard so many stories of people being attacked by monkeys. And I could hear all the birds shrieking in fright. Because they sense danger before man. And I had nothing so as to bribe the monkeys to save myself. Thinking about all the pros and cons now I feel that maybe I should walk only when it is hot and not when it is pleasant, I should better leave that time for my other animal friends. Afterall it is the time to live and let live.

2 comments:

  1. You are afraid of Monkey..I have never seen you afraid of me :P

    ReplyDelete