Wednesday 14 March 2012

Unknown voices

Often, while walking alone the streets, I hear some whispers, some unknown voices calling out my name, telling me some secrets that I know not of. Sometimes, I hear some familiar voice but when I look around, I see no familiar face. Sometimes, the questions that I was pondering upon get answered by some unknown voice.
Who are they who whisper to me? Who are they who tell me secrets? They give me company when I am all alone and yet, they make me realize how lonely I am. And yet, though when I am lonely I know someone is there with me, looking at me, standing by my side, telling me what to do.
My companions of solitude, I know not thy name. Will you ever come up to me and tell me why you care so much for me? Will I be ever able to know, who walks with me, who talks to me? And yet I know that you will always be with me, you will always hold my hand when I need to be comforted, talk to me when I need to be answered.
Yes, my companions of solitude, I know that with you I am never alone. You are a blessing, a prayer answered. Whoever you are, you are my unknown friend with an unknown voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment