Monday 31 December 2018

Lingering memories

Life is full of memories, sometimes of those people who have ceased to be part of our existence. Sometimes we wish for the people from our past to return but many times time and distance makes it impossible. I still remember friend I had when I had just started school. We were five year olds and were very close. But our friendship didn't last long as her family relocated to Bombay. Time passed and I even forgot her name but still thirty years later, I still remember my friend who was with me for just a couple of weeks. I often wondered if I can find out something about her from the school records but I know that she wouldn't remember me. In the years that passed, I met many people and made many friends some that have been with me for decades now, but still somewhere in my heart, I feel a desire to meet my childhood friend who was also my first friend that my mind recalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment