Thursday 10 November 2016

Dancing lights

I love gazing stars, have always loved it. During my childhood when there was less light pollution, star gazing was a sheer pleasure. However, with time, it became really difficult to see anything in the sky because of all the lights that surround us. During my recent air trip, during the takeoff I was looking out of the window, st the land below which was glowing with millions of small lights. It was a pleasure to look at so many tinkling dancing lights below. Once we gained height and were over water and the lit up land went out of the view it was pretty much dark outside until I saw a gleam of light outside. As I moved closer to the window to find out if it was another plane or a bright star, I just got the most wonderful surprise. The sky was lit up with millions of lights, twinkling dancing lights. The heavens were smiling down. The sky I saw was the sky I had not seen in years. When we were kids we used to try counting the stars, a task which took forever. I didn't try to count them this time, I knew there were millions so I just pressed my cheek on the window, used my hands to block the cabin lights and enjoyed the view. Yes, the flight cane to an end, as the dancing lights of the land cane into view, I again looked at the sky, the stars were disappearing but I had the sense of relief that they are only hidden not gone, always shining down, smiling at the one who would gaze at them whenever and wherever there is darkness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment