Tuesday 31 May 2016

A baby

As I watch my baby sleeping
I saw the pictures of another baby
Cradled in the arms of a rescuer
Sleeping an eternal sleep
Nobody knows who he was
Or who his parents were
Floating on water by a drowned boat
He was an angel gone
Fled to find a safe haven
Only to find rest in death
He calls us to end the wars
To keep other children safe
As tears roll down my cheeks
I wonder how to make this world safe
A safer passage for refugees
A place of dignity when they land
The end of wars so every child has peace
Schools and playgrounds and medical aid
A place where there is no more hunger
No more thirst, no more despair
A place where there is no more pain
But only peace and progress
My Lord please bring about peace
For every baby born or to come

No comments:

Post a Comment