Tuesday 2 April 2013

Syrians selling their daughters

Read a disturbing piece of news some days back about Syrians selling their young teenaged daughters to old Arab men to save their husbands. It is something that made me feel so miserable and angry at the same time. On one hand I felt sad for the poor women of that war torn country that they have no other resource than to sell their children and on the other there was anger that is that all a daughter's life is worth. It further angered me that such things are happening all the time and nobody takes any preventive steps. While on one hand the situation of Syria saddedned me, on the other such blattant violation of human rights angered me. In any case, the pathetic condition of this country like many others needs to be improved with necessary steps to be taken both at the national as well as international levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment