Tuesday 18 October 2011

A billion fireflies

Many a times, while travelling by air at night at the time of landing as well as takeoff I look out of the window and marvel at the scene around me. The billions of glistening pin-point lights take my breath away and I am left wondering about them. Above, below and all around me, I see just big, small, white, yellow twinkling lights, lights whether man-made or the lamps of heavens look back at me. I wonder whether what I see below are manmade lights or is it that the earth has started mirroring the skies above? Even the moon looks like one hung from a string for a children’s play. What is it and where I go, I am yet to discover. All I know is that I get surrounded by billions of glistening fireflies, twinkling and disappearing in the darkness…….



No comments:

Post a Comment